Picture yourself in the kitchen mixing ingredients for biscuits. You pop them in the oven and in just a moment your house fills with the aroma of butter, garlic and cheese. Can you smell it? Who doesn’t love and appreciate that smell. Its almost unbearable waiting for them to bake. Fortunately these take no time at all.
Garlic is a staple in my home. Im not even sure I know how to cook without it. And these biscuits are amazing! They are similar to the Cheddar Bay Biscuits at Red Lobster, but in my opinion they are better. Less salty.
2 cups flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup melted butter
1 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
2 tablespoons melted butter
2 tablespoons buttermilk
2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh parsley
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, garlic powder, garlic and salt.
3. Add in the buttermilk, butter and cheddar and combined.
4. Drop a 1/4 cup biscuit mix onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
5. Bake for 15 minutes until lightly golden.
6. In a sauce pan combine the topping ingredients.
7. Brush the biscuits immediately after they come out of the oven.