Thai dishes would be on my top list of favorite things to eat and also one of the most popular cuisine in the world. Making it yourself at home from scratch is even better. The first time I ever made Thai food I was amazed at how many ingredients were required for what looked like such simple dishes. I hope to one day be able to explore Thailand and eat my way through the country.
Whenever I decide to make Thai food it is always a challenge in what I should make. There are so many yummy dishes. I always end up making the same thing though. Hehehe…. Pad See Ew and Tom Kha Gai.
Tom Kha Gai Ingredients:
* 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
* 1 tablespoon Thai red chili paste
* 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
* 5 garlic cloves, minced
* 1 pound chicken breasts cut into thin strips
* 4 cups chicken stock
* 3 bay leaves
* 1 teaspoon ginger
* 3 stalks lemongrass
* 3 Thai basil leaves
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon pepper
* 1 13 oz. coconut milk
* 2 tablespoons fish sauce
* 2 tablespoons brown sugar
* 3 kaffir lime leaves
* 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
1. Heat oil over medium high heat. Add red chili paste, red pepper flakes and garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Add chicken and saute.
2. Add chicken stock, bay leaves, ginger, lemongrass, basil, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Lower heat to simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Stir in coconut milk, fish sauce, sugar, lime leaves and mushrooms. Simmer for 10 minutes and then serve.
Pad See Ew Ingredients:
* 6oz dried wide rice stick noodles
* 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
* 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
* 2 teaspoons soy sauce
* 2 teaspoons white vinegar
* 2 teaspoons brown sugar
* 2 tbsp water
* 2 tbsp vegetable oil
* 2 cloves garlic cloves, minced
* 1 cup chicken breast (boneless, skinless), cut into bite size pieces
* 1 large egg
* 4 cups Chinese broccoli
1. Soak noodles in a bowl of hot water. Drain when ready to use.
2. Combine sauce ingredients.
3. Place oil in wok on high heat. Sauté garlic until it starts to lightly brown.
4. Add the chicken and sauté.
5. Move the chicken to one side and crack in the egg, and scramble it.
6. Add the noodles, Chinese broccoli and the sauce. Toss together and continue to cook a couple minutes for sauce to thicken and coat noodles.