Theme: Stir Fry
Stir Fry could have not come at a better time since I am the proud owner of a cabbage as big as me. This ginormous cabbage was grown by a friends daughter at school. I clearly need vegetable growing tips from her. When I picked it up from their house I was told it would be in a bag. I imagined a brown paper grocery bag. What I got was a garbage bag with a 35 pound cabbage inside of it. I see a lot of cabbage dinners in my immediate future!
This dish is simple, easy to prepare and delicious. And you will have piece of mind knowing you had your veggies for the day!
4 tablespoons olive oil
2 tilapia fillets, cut into 2 inch pieces
1/2 pound jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
4 cups cabbage, chopped
1 cup carrots, shredded
1 bundle asparagus, each stall cut into 3rds
1 onion, chopped
4 ears of corn, kernels cut off
3 green onions, sliced
Salt and pepper to taste
Pri Pri hot sauce to taste
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 cup chicken stock
1 1/2 tablespoons corn starch
1. Prepare the sauce and set aside (mix all ingredients together).
2. Add 2 tbsp of oil and heat nice and hot in a wok.
3. Add fish and shrimp. Let cook for a couple minutes and then remove and set aside.
4. Add 2 more tbsp of oil and add carrots, onion, asparagus, corn and cabbage. Toss together and let cook until vegetables are tender.
5. Push the vegetables aside and make a well in the middle of the wok. Pour sauce in the middle. Let it sit until it starts bubbling and turns a dark brown color. Then toss with vegetables.
6. Add fish and shrimp and toss together. Make sure everything is heated through.
7. Plate and add green onion, salt, pepper and hot sauce.